Thursday, September 17, 2015

GRATITUDE - H20(h!)

While art is most often made alone, it is never made in isolation.

My heartfelt thanks to the following: Christopher O'Callaghan
and  my Connor O'Callaghan, BA, MA, PhD Social & Political Thought Candidate, beloved sons, my life utterly above the watermark, for the use of their childhood art and for their tremendous assistance with the research for this exhibition. I couldn't make art (or anything) without you. I love you with my whole heart for my whole life.

Carl Phillis for graciously allowing me inclusion of his powerful, beautiful wave piece, his help moving my work (there is a lot of skulduggery involved in being visual artists and we are lost without our friends) and for several inspiring and supportive conversations.

 Emily Mutch, B,SC, B. Arch Sci Candidate and Karl MacKeeman, NSCAD for allowing me to include pieces from my collections of their amazing work. I treasure you and what you have made.

Meskerem Dejere, carrier of water and love and my sponsor daughter in Ethiopia. Meskerem inspired this show and much more.

Thanks to Alanna Jankov and the Gallery @ The Guild; the City of Charlottetown, especially Betty, Rob, Justin, Mike and Eddie, for their time and the loan of the 1918 fire hydrant and the shower heads; the Confederation Centre of the Arts L:ibrary; Lori Kays and Beanz Cafe and Espresso Bar in Charlottetown, PE (I love you all so much - artists need a 'local' for every sort of sustenance and I am so grateful you've been mine all these years); and to YOU, for no arts endeavour is complete until you are a part of it.
Suzanne O'Callaghan
professional visual artist
September 2015




Images from Suzanne O'Callaghan, H20(h!) exhibition, Gallery @ The Guild, Charlottetown, PE, Canada, September 2015

No comments: